The Communications Team is responsible for developing and implementing the communications, user engagement and advocacy strategy, aligned with the IPC-IG's objectives. In collaboration with the Research and Publications teams, it supports the production and implementation of communications products and knowledge materials. The team is also responsible for managing the Centre's social media channels and responding to internal and external communications requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the substantive guidance of the Communications focal point, and following UNDP rules and regulations, the intern is expected to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of the following:
- Support the implementation of the Communications Strategy;
- Produce content for social media, including texts, cards, photos, videos and other relevant materials;
- Write articles for the website to promote the Centre's publications, projects and events;
- Support the development and dissemination of institutional documents.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by adhering to the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates discretion and reliability in handling confidential matters;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Responding positively to feedback;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to operate computers and office equipment