The IPC-IG Research team is responsible for developing research-based policy recommendations and knowledge products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the substantive guidance of the research supervisor, and following UNDP rules and regulations, the intern is expected to support the following activities:
- Undertake literature reviews;
- Gather and analyse quantitative and qualitative data;
- Support the development of policy briefs, background papers and project management documents;
- Attend meetings with the research team and project stakeholders, if requested;
- Ability to read and summarize academic papers and government reports
- Demonstrates good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with Office packages (especially Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Interest/Academic experience in social development and social protection policies
- Good academic writing skills
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modeling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates discretion and reliability in handling confidential matters;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.