Strengthening social protection policies in Bahia
The IPC-IG has partnered with UNDP Brazil and the Government of the State of Bahia to support the development of a strategy for the planning and management of the SUAS (Sistema Único de Assistência Social, Unified Social Assistance System) through the production of 10 studies that will allow for the formulation of the new PEAS (Plano Estadual de Assistência Social—PEAS) and the SUAS Improvement Pact.
Latin America and the CaribbeanBrazil
Sustainable Development Goals
In 2019, the Centre delivered the work plan for outputs 1,2,3,4 and 10:
• (PEAS) Socio-territorial diagnosis—collection of secondary data, systematisation and analysis;
• (PEAS) Definition of objectives, guidelines and deliberated priorities (Conferences and Conselho Estadual de Assistência Social—CEAS);
• (PEAS) Validation of elaborated and analysed content with participatory methodology;
• (PEAS) Consolidated Proposal and PEAS Final Document; and
• Proposal of a State Pact for the improvement of SUAS’ management.
A travel plan for missions and meeting with stakeholders is currently under discussion, as well as the methodologies for the 2020 outputs (5,6,7,8 and 9):
• Study of work processes of the Fundo Estadual de Assistência Social (FEAS—State Social Assistance Fund);
• Study on the delivery and quality of the services and the level of connection with the Basic Social Protection Programmes in Bahia;
• Study on the delivery and quality of medium- and high-complexity Special Social Protection Services in Bahia;
• Study on the forms of communication of SUAS developed by the state and municipal administrations; and
• Study on the process of social participation of users and social workers.
*To be updated.