First micro-course of the e-Learning Series on Adaptive Social Protection is now available
The micro-course "Programmes and Delivery Systems” has just been launched. It will be available until 31 March 2022 and was designed to help participants recognise the importance of social protection programmes in building resilience and shock responsiveness. This is the first course of a new series on adaptive social protection developed by the socialprotection.org platform, in collaboration with the International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG), and sponsored by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
After finishing the course, attendants should be able to identify ways in which social protection programmes can be designed and adapted to support the capacity to prepare, cope, and adapt to shocks. They should also be capable of recognising the importance of the social protection delivery chain to develop programmes that can be scaled up and respond to shocks.
Participants will take between three to six hours to complete the course’s four modules:
• Module 1: Recognising the importance of social protection programmes for resilience building and responding to covariate shocks.
• Module 2: Identifying ways in which social protection programmes can be designed and adapted for resilience building and shock response.
• Module 3: Recognising the importance of the social protection delivery chain to implement programmes that can be scaled up and respond to shocks, and identify ways to adapt delivery systems for shock response.
• Module 4: Wrap-up
To enrol in the course, it is necessary to become a member of socialprotection.org (for free).
About the series
The e-Learning Series on Adaptive Social Protection aspires to provide a solid foundational knowledge of each of the four building blocks of the Adaptive Social Protection framework, and promote understanding around and examples of the operationalisation of their main design and implementation dimensions. It is the second micro-course series developed by socialprotection.org, IPC-IG and GIZ. The first series was about Social Protection Fundamentals and Topics.
It comprises four micro-courses that will be launched as follows:
Course #1 - Programmes and Delivery Systems (just launched)
Course #2 - Data and Information (to be launched by April 2022)
Course #3 - Financing (to be launched by September 2022)
Course #4 - Institutional Arrangements and Partnerships (to be launched in January 2023)
This set of four self-paced micro-courses targets practitioners and policymakers in the fields of social protection, climate change and the emergency sector. Each course should take between three to six hours to finish.
A certificate will be issued by the IPC-IG upon completion.
- New self-paced micro-course on the fundamentals of social protection is available in English
- The IPC-IG, GIZ and socialprotection.org launch a new online micro-course
- New micro-courses developed through a partnership between the IPC-IG, GIZ and socialprotection.org are now available
- Social Protection and Rural Poverty is the theme of a new IPC-IG micro-course