Programme and Operations
The P&O team is responsible for ensuring that the implementation of IPC-IG projects is delivered on time and under budget, as well as for the orientation and guidance of correct processes and procedures. Some of the area’s responsibilities include:
- HR selection and management;
- Financial planning and budget control;
- Procurement management;
- Project negotiation;
- Research project management;
- Office management;
- Ensuring that IPC-IG processes are aligned with UNDP Procedures and Rules.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the substantive guidance of the P&O Focal point, and following UNDP's rules and regulations, the intern is expected to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of the following:
- Be responsible for the management of the Internship Programme;
- Assist with the processing of of new employees and the selection and admission of new interns;
- Support the organisation of IPC-IG events;
- Support the procurement of goods up to US$ 5,000.00;
- Support other activities in Human Resources, Procurement and Finance;
- Assist with project management and budget control tasks.;
- Provide overall administrative support.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by adhering to the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Demonstrates discretion and reliability in handling confidential matters;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Responding positively to feedback;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to operate computers and office equipment.